Former deputy national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Dr. Cairo Ojougboh has accused the governor of Delta state of plotting to assassinate him and three others. In a letter to the Primate of the Anglican Communion Church, Nigeria, his eminence, Most Rev. Nicholas Okoh, Dr. Ojougboh alleged that Governor Okowa instructed his private secretary Hilary Ibegbulem and Director of Protocol Ifeanyi Eboigbe to carry out their elimination in a bid to silence him and his staunch supporters.
Addressing journalists at his country home in Agbor, Delta state at the weekend, Dr. Ojougboh said : “This serves to notify you and Nigerians that, in the event of death by accident, kidnapping, robbery and armed attack on any of the above persons, Governor Okowa should be held responsible.
“I boldly inform you that the instruction to eliminate us was passed to Hilary Ibegbulem and Ifeanyi Eboigbe. Hilary is in charge of recruiting thugs for the Governor and while Ifeanyi Eboigbe pays them”, he stated.
“I have decided as a Soldier of Truth to be on the side of the people. We are not deterred”, Ojougboh averred, adding that the governor is after him and his supporters because he took the gauntlet to expose the humongous financial fraud going on in the Okowa administration.
But the governor, through his Chief Press Secretary had told media correspondents in Asaba that Senator Okowa would not pick up fight with the opposition, as the Okowa administration’s performance was enough defence.
“We don’t begrudge our opponents but we will not be distracted by the views of any opponent. We rather wish that they join us from the opposition so that the state will move faster than as it should be,” he said.
Below are some of the issues and allegations raised by Dr.Cairo Ojougboh
1 Is okowa daughter in U.S as a result of child delivery? Is Okowa also in the US presently to see his daughter?
2. Is Delta in total darkness because of inability to power streetlights?
3. Did he ask for loan to build a new secretariat?
4. Was there any meeting held at the house of his eminence?
5. Did Okowa send thugs to grand hotel to disrupt meeting called at the instance of Ahmodu sheriif?
6. Do we have constant light in our general hospitals?
7. Are the subvention of DTHA paid to the speaker private account?
8. Is he owing Local government workers and pensioners salary and allowances or not?
9. Is he building a ranch and an estate in Atlanta and south Africa?
10. Did he employ over 2203 aides.
Tags: Cairo Ojougboh, Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa, Hilary Ibegbulem,Ifeanyi Eboigbe