Chief Dr. Amb. Gabriel Chukwuma Etaoghenevwegba Oyibode; a man with dual ethnicity, a philanthropist per excellent, born on the 28th of April 1968 in Lagos, Nigeria into the family of late Sampson Oyibode Ogwu Of Ezhionum Kingdom in Ukwuani Local Government Area and Mrs. Juliana Oghekevwe Emonefe of Urhuokpe and Urhuekpagha in Kokori Inland, in Ethiope East Local Government Area, both in Delta State of Nigeria.
Amb. Oyibode is from Ukwani Local Government Area, Opke Olomu – Ughelli South Local Government Area, Okpe, Okpe Local Government Area, Kokori and Abraka both in Ethiope East Local Government Area, and Iyede in Isoko, all in delta state of Nigeria. In other words he is man from the three senatorial districts of Delta State.
For a child who lost his father at a very tender age of five, so many people in his shoes would have given up on their dreams of becoming a high-flier but not so with Chief Dr. Amb. Gabriel Chukwuma Eteoghenevwegba Oyibode who notwithstanding, had faced the challenges of not growing up with a father’s support, has risen to become not just an ordinary man, but an achiever to be reckoned with within and outside Nigeria.
Amb. Oyibode is a Real Estate Consultant, the founder/president Gabriel Oyibode Foundation and the Chief Executive Officer of Geotag Oil and Gas Limited, Chief Executive Officer of Gabiduma Construction Company and former Governorship Aspirant of The Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) in Delta State, 2014 general election.
Amb. Oyibode is an Evangelist from his mother’s womb. He has worked in ministry as an evangelist and as a minister of the gospel. He is a tent maker, he build for God. As a business man he does the activities of his business side by side with his calling of evangelism. In the course of his evangelism he has built and edified many houses of God to a glorious standard.
“I am a tent maker, I build
For God; I give dangerously
Whether I have or not, so it
Is a divine call” – Amb. Oyibode
Amb. Oyibode is the ODOGWU 1 of Ezhionum Kingdom (War Lord) in his community, Ezhionum in Ukwani Local Governement Area of Delta state which he has brought sunshine to in many ways.
He has touched many people’s lives and still doing that through his foundation (Gabriel Oyibode Foundation), because he loves to give dangerously what he has and in order to spread his love and care for people and to show the world his greater enormousness of passion for serving humanity by reaching the unreached, giving hope to the hopeless and touching lives in general.
In 2013, Amb. Oyibode dabbled into politics by contesting for the most enviable and momentous position of delta state politics, under the People’s Democratic Party – PDP. Amb. Oyibode contested with other prominent and distinguished sons and daughters of Delta state, where Sen. Dr. Ifeanyi Author Okowa emerged as the PDP flagbearer, and to God be the Glory, he is the current executive governor of Delta State.
Statistics from political survey show that Amb. Oyibode is among the famous, energetic, widespread, articulated governorship aspirants in delta state in 2013 and 2014. Despite the fact that he was a first timer in delta state politics, his seriousness, non-damped spirit for accomplishment which was given birth to through prophecy, he was able to consult all the traditional rulers, market women associations, religion bodies, youths, national unions, and every “who-is-who” in delta state politics irrespective of political parties.
During His Excellency, Governor Okowa’s political campaigns and rallies, Amb. Oyibode was appointed member of the executive council.
However, after the PDP Governorship primary election, Amb. Oyibode canvassed for His Excellency Senator Dr. Ifeanyi Author Okowa through rallies, social and political mobilizations – as his own quota to Dr Okowa emergence as the executive governor of delta state.
He was among the governorship contenders that fought vehemently and meticulously against the nuisance and imposition of governorship candidate, (Tony Obuh) on The People’s Democratic Party and Deltans in general by the former Governor of Delta State, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan.
The youths’ minister, the Oghwe rimo 1 as warmheartedly called, Amb. Oyibode through his foundation, Gabriel Oyibode Foundation, has invested in many Nigerian youths at home and in diaspora. In 2013 Amb. Oyiboode launched a one day workshop in Asaba, Delta State.
The empowerment program which took place on 13 December 2013, at Ochid Hotel Asaba was an apple opportunity for many deltans that participated to learn difference skills and been exposed to new knowledge. At the end of the program, applicants were award certificates of participation and on the same program, vivacious and business-minded entrepreneurial applicants were also given grants to start new businesses.
In December 2013 and 2014, Amb. Oyibode gave rice and other gift items to deltans for the celebration of Christmas and New Year.
Because of his benevolence giving and humanitarian service, at this moment, Amb. Oyibode his paying more than 50 students’ school fees. Students in secondary schools and tertiary institutions in Nigeria and Diaspora.
In line with the vision and mission of his foundation, Amb. Oyibode on annual basis, visit the less privileged and share love with them through giving and empowerment programs.
Outside politics, Amb. Oyibode has given out more than 200 cars to help family members, friends and neighbours!
DURING HIS POLITICAL CAMPAIGN, AMB. OYIBODE MISSION STATEMENT:
- Ensure infrastructural renewal and expansion
- Provide free technical education
- Revitalize agricultural and build agro-allied industries
- Lead an economic and industrial revolution in the area of seaports and transportation which will harness the drive and entrepreneurial spirit of Deltans. By the grace of God, I see industrial revolution across delta state.
- Provide world class health care and eradicate travelling abroad for medical checkup.
- Engage Deltans in diaspora to invest and take part in the growth development of the state.
- United and re-position the Anioma nation with all other ethnic groups in delta and the grace of God ensure concrete dividends of democracy.
“I believe in an initiative where the
Good plans of God is made
Manifest in reaching out and
Encouraging others, making
Existence pleasant. A good end
Always justify means”
- Chief Dr. Amb. Gabriel C. E. Oyibode
- Dispute Resolution Specialist – June 2013
- Certificate of Conflict Resolution and Management, Institute of Peace, USA, 2013
- Graduate Programme in Alternative Dispute Resolution, University of Massachusetts, Boston, USA, 2012.
- Criminal Justice Reform, Croydon, UK, 2012.
- Access to Justice, Management Business/Commercial Management, and Dispute Resolution, September 2011.
- Nigerian Legal Exchange (UMASS) University of Massachusetts, Boston, USA in ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution), 2011.
- BSC Business Management, 2003 from Lagos state University, Lagos state, Nigeria.
- HND in Estate Management, 2001 from Auchi p Polytechnic, Auchi, Edo state, Nigeria.
- OND in Accounting, 1994 from Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi, Edo state, Nigeria.
- SSCE – Senior School Certificate Examination, 1988 kokori Inland in Ethiope East Local Government Area of Delta state
- FSLC – First School Leaving Certificate, 1980.
- Youth Empowerment and Development – The African Achievers Award, Ghana, 2014.
- Global Peace Foundation international-Humanitarian/Youth empowerment and Development Award, 2014
- The Citizen Face of Leadership – Nigerian best Performance Award, March 2013
- MyTV Africa 2013, Award of Excellence in Peace/Nation building, Youth Empowerment and Sustainable Peace in Nigeria, and Africa.
- Resource Speaker/Facilitator – GPF World Convention, December 2013
- Grand Patron – National Association of Ikot Ekpene Students, Federal Polytechnic, Nekede.
- Grand Patron – Peace Ambassador Agency/Miss Ambassador for Peace 2013.
- Grand Patron – MBGA 2013 (Extra ordinary Achievers Award 2013)
- Grand Patron – heritage 2013
- Grand Patron FDN (Democracy Man of The Year Award) December 2013.
- University of Convergence – Doctor of Administration July 2014
- Rotary Club of Abuja City – Distinguished Leadership Award 2014
- African NAFAC – Humanitarian Award
- Dubai 2014 Young CEOs Business Summit – The Young CEOs Prize for Global Corporate Governance
- Grassroot Peoples Ambassador – Award of Excellence, Philanthropic Spirit and Commitment to Human and Socio-Economic Development of Delta State and Nigeria
- Niger Delta Achievers Merit Award – Creativity and Youth Empowerment, May 2015
- National Association of Delta State Sudents (NADESSTU) Award – Symbol of Hope and Inspiration to Delta State Students, 2014
- African Descent Magazine International – Face of Leadership Award 2014
- UPU Bukina Faso Award of Excellence – Urhobo Man of The Year 2016
Like a market place, his home is always congested with consultants and those that are soliciting for financial, moral, social and business assistants, this is as a result of his open door policy to Nigerians and foreigners – irrespective of religion, political parties, tribe, ethnicity or nationality.
Above all, Chief Dr. Amb. Gabriel Oyibode is one of the major sponsors of shows, events, and entertainment in general, in Abuja and environs, both local and international!